Since 1984, Papa John's has been committed to quality. From our fresh, hand-tossed dough to our fresh-sliced veggies and 100% real meats, we're constantly striving to exceed expectations and make a Better Pizza. That's why you'll get a superior-quality pizza every time you order from Papa John's. Because we're so passionate about our “Better Ingredients. Better Pizza.” brand promise, we're proud when we receive recognition for our efforts! Check out some of the awards and honors Papa John's has received through the years.
Papa John's founder, John Schnatter
- For 10 out the last 11 years Papa John's has been rated number one in customer satisfaction among all national pizza chains in the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI).
- Honored by Restaurants & Institutions Magazine (R&I) with the 2009 Gold Award for Consumers’ Choice in Chains in the pizza segment.
- Named the 2007 Pizza Chain of the Year by Pizza Today.
- Named the 2006 Pizza Chain of the Year by PizzaMarketplace.com
- Top rated national pizza delivery and take-out chain in Restaurants & Institutions' Consumers Choice in Chains Survey several times in the last nine years (1998 - 2000, 2002 and 2004 - 2006).
- Voted “Best Pizza” in more than 50 U.S. markets over the last several years, including in Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Dallas, Indianapolis, Orlando, Knoxville and Phoenix.
- Highest rated national pizza delivery and take-out chain in RealPeopleRatings.com, an online quarterly rating site.
- Tied for first as the highest rated national pizza chain in the 2007 Zagat/Today Show Fast Food Survey.
- Silver winner of the 2006 Brandweek Customer Loyalty Award in the pizza category.
- Named Delivery Operator of the Year among pizza chains in the United Kingdom by the Pizza and Pasta Association (2005 – 2006).
, has also achieved many accolades through the years. We think he deserves to have his horn tooted a bit too!
- Inducted into Junior Achievement U.S. Business Hall of Fame in April 2007. John is the only other Kentuckian to be inducted beside Colonel Sanders.
- Honored with the 2003 Kentuckian Award by the Happy Chandler Foundation.
- 'Best Local Businessperson' in the 2001 Best of Louisville Awards by Louisville Magazine.
- Inducted into the Louisville Junior Achievement Business Hall of Fame in 2000.
- One of the Ten Outstanding Young Americans for 2000 by the National Jaycees Organization.
- 1998 National Ernst & Young Retail/Consumer Entrepreneur of the Year.